Appeals Court Nixes Obama’s Efforts to Lift Ban on Deporting Illegals

From Fox News.

A federal appeals court refused Tuesday to allow the implementation, for now, of Obama’s executive action that could shield from deportation as many as 5 million illegal immigrants.

The U.S. Justice Department had asked the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to reverse U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen’s earlier decision temporarily halting the administration’s plan. Hanen issued the temporary hold in February, after 26 states filed a lawsuit alleging Obama’s action was unconstitutional.

Two out of the three judges on a court panel, though, voted Tuesday to deny the government’s request, as the underlying case is argued.

White House Spokesperson Brandi Hoffine said after the ruling, “today, two judges of the Fifth Circuit chose to misinterpret the facts and the law in denying the government’s request for a stay.”

The majority opinion reasoned that lifting the temporary hold — known in judicial parlance as issuing a “stay” — could cause serious problems for states should they ultimately win their challenge. It said the states have shown that “issuance of the stay will substantially injure” them.

It continued: “A stay would enable DAPA beneficiaries to apply for driver’s licenses and other benefits, and it would be difficult for the states to retract those benefits or recoup their costs even if they won on the merits. That is particularly true in light of the district court’s findings regarding the large number of potential beneficiaries, including at least 500,000 in Texas alone.”

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton praised Tuesday’s decision.

“The separation of powers and check and balances remain the law of the land, and this decision is a victory for those committed to preserving the rule of law in America,” he said in a written statement.

The White House has said the program is intended to primarily help immigrants brought to the U.S. as children and those with children who are U.S. citizens.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the government would appeal, either to the full appeals court in New Orleans or to the U.S. Supreme Court.

The states suing to block the plan, led by Texas, argue that Obama acted outside his authority and that the changes would force them to invest more in law enforcement, health care and education.

The White House has repeated its position that the president has exclusive authority to enforce immigration laws and can adjust policies to fix a “broken immigration system.” Fourteen states have sided with Obama in the case, and say the benefits of immigration outweigh the costs.

Justice Department lawyers sought a stay while they appealed the injunction. They argued that keeping the temporary hold interfered with the Homeland Security Department’s ability to protect the U.S. and secure the nation’s borders.

They also said immigration policy is a domain of the federal government, not the states.

But, in Tuesday’s ruling, 5th Circuit judges Jerry Smith and Jennifer Walker Elrod denied the stay, saying in an opinion written by Smith that the federal government lawyers are unlikely to succeed on the merits of that appeal. Judge Stephen Higginson dissented.

“The president’s attempt to do this by himself, without a law passed by Congress and without any input from the states, is a remarkable violation of the U.S. Constitution and laws,” Paxton said.

Obama announced the executive action in November, saying lack of action by Congress forced him to make sweeping changes to immigration rules on his own. Republicans said Obama overstepped his presidential authority.

The first of Obama’s orders — to expand a program that protects young immigrants from deportation if they were brought to the U.S. illegally as children — was set to take effect Feb. 18. The other major part, extending deportation protections to parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have been in the country for some years, had been scheduled to begin May 19.

Hanen issued his injunction believing that neither action had taken effect. But the Justice Department later told Hanen that more than 108,000 people had already received three-year reprieves from deportation as well as work permits. Hanen said the federal government had been “misleading,” but he declined to sanction the government’s attorneys.

The Justice Department has also asked the 5th Circuit to reverse Hanen’s overall ruling that sided with the states. A decision on that appeal, which will be argued before the court in July, could take months.

Along with Texas, the states seeking to block Obama’s action are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen had already halted Obama’s unlawful, unconstitutional amnesty tactic, and used Obama’s own words in his decision.  The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals just reinforced that decision by effectively telling Obama he can’t prevent the deportation of 5 million illegals.

Now, if only the government would do its fucking job and stop them at the border….

Related posts:

https://sfcmac.wordpress.com/2015/04/08/federal-judge-continues-to-block-obamas-unlawful-executive-actions-on-illegal-aliens/

https://sfcmac.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/dhs-has-no-regrets-over-obamas-unconstitutional-illegal-alien-related-executive-orders/

DOJ Going After FIFA for Graft, While Hillary Gets a Pass

Let me get this straight: FIFA is being prosecuted for graft and corruption while Hillary gets away with it.

From Fox News.

Officials from FIFA, soccer’s world governing body, were arrested Wednesday in Switzerland and are expected to be extradited to the United States on charges of corruption.

FIFA, in a statement Wednesday, said it is cooperating with Swiss authorities.

The organization has been accused of bribery for decades, particularly as it relates to the bidding process for its biggest event — the World Cup.

“FIFA welcomes actions that can help contribute to rooting out any wrongdoing in football,” the statement read Wednesday. “We understand that today’s actions by the Swiss Federal Office of Justice on behalf of the U.S. authorities and the Swiss Office of the Attorney General (initiated by FIFA through the submission of the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup bidding process) relate to different matters.”

According to the New York Times, which cites the Department of Justice indictment, 14 people — not all FIFA officials — will face charges including racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracy. Sports marketing executives from the U.S. and South America are also part of the indictment, accused of bribery in exchange for media contracts with soccer tournaments.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter is reportedly not among those being charged.

According to the FIFA release, the arrests were in relation to activities carried out in relation with soccer federations in South America (CONMEBOL) and North America, Central America and the Caribbean (CONCACAF), as well as for the bidding processes for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup.

“Today, the Swiss Office of the Attorney General announced that it has opened criminal proceedings against persons unknown in relation to the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup bidding process,” FIFA’s statement continued. “FIFA is fully cooperating with the investigation and is supporting the collection of evidence in this regard. As noted by the Swiss authorities, this collection of evidence is being carried out on a cooperative basis.”

FIFA has still scheduled a presidential election for Friday, at which time Blatter is expected to receive a fifth term.

Hillary Clinton took millions of dollars in foreign ‘donations’ for the Clinton Foundation in exchange for political favors while she was Secretary of State.  Last I checked, that’s an offense punishable by prison time. If she were a Republican, the leftwing drive-by media would be having grand mal seizures.

The only group (so far) to step up and take any kind of action is Freedom Works, who just filed a racketeering lawsuit against the Clintons in a Florida court.

Don’t expect the DOJ, who has its own share of corruption, to prosecute Hillary for using her office to take bribes.  If you’re pals with the Obama regime, you’ll never be held accountable for your crimes.  The GOP doesn’t have the balls to do anything about it either. So much for the midterms.

Memorial Day

Memorial_Day_Cartoon_Not_Going_to_Complain_About_High_Cost_of_Anything_Joe_Heller-01

Memorial-Day the fallen but not forgotten

Memorial-Day-US-Army-Parade Arlington CemetaryThrough the front gates at Arlington Cemetary

Their contributions were and are immeasurable.

My Grandfather fought in World War II. I enlisted in the United States Army the year he officially retired—1976. It was a symbolic changing of the guard and I was proud to follow in the footsteps of his combat boots. Until I retired in 2006, I had the privilege of serving in peace and war, with some of the finest people ever to wear the uniform. Some of them did not come home, and I will never forget them.

With apologies to Rupert Brooke:

If I should die, think only this of me:
That there’s some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever America.

A big salute to all the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard veterans, as well as those still serving.

How Memorial Day came to be.

While you’re enjoying your bar-b-que and beer, take a moment to remember those who gave their lives so that you can enjoy this day in peace.
Try to attend your local Memorial Day parade, stop by your VFW or American Legion, and hoist a few drinks in memory of our fallen comrades.

Duty, Honor, Country

HOOAH!

SFC MAC

Related link:

http://news.yahoo.com/memorial-day-2015-salute-vets-101500516.html

Fugitive Scumbag Valdosta Protester Who Stomped on Flag, Issues ‘Kill All White People’ Manifesto

He’s on the run, he’s a bat-shit crazy thug, and he wants a race war.

Background:  The biggest blowhard at the Valdosta State University flag-desecrating fest was a lowlife by the name of Eric Sheppard, who vented his spleen over how much he hates ‘whitey’. He calls himself a “terrorist against whites”, and after he was spotted waving a gun and making threats, a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Laying low is not his forte, so he decided to send a declaration of war to the Valdosta Daily Times.

From Downtrend.

……Eric Sheppard was declared a wanted man for bringing a gun onto the campus of Valdosta State University and making the threats.

Well, that was a month ago, and it appears a life on the lam has made him certifiably insane. And in a very dangerous way.

A few days ago, the Valdosta Daily Times received a what can only be described as a manifesto from Sheppard where he describes how he wants to kill all White people, will “annihilate” anybody who comes after him and, well, a whole bunch of crazy. He refers to himself in the letter as “The Koven”

Valdosta’s chief of police, Brian Childress, said he thinks the manifesto is a “publicity stunt,” but has notified the federal authorities.

The manifesto, simply titled “Memorandum Ultimatum,” is written as a single, 4,700-word-long paragraph (which is clue number one you’re dealing with crazy), and quotes from the Bible and several racist figures in calling for the death of white people.

“I say, if they don’t get out of town, we kill the white men, we kill the white women, we kill the white children, we kill the white babies, we kill the blind whites, we kill the crippled whites, we kill the crazy whites, we kill the faggots, we kill the lesbians, I say god dammit we kill ’em all. If they are white, kill ‘em all.” he writes, quoting a Nation of Islam leader.

He then quotes a racist YouTube poster, Suten Seti, writing the “mission is to slay the children of this [white] beast one by goddamn one.”

Go to the Downtrend link and get a load of the rambling, spit-flecked, racist, illiterate, hatespeech this shitbag produced.

I see a suicide by cop in this muthafucka’s future.

Cleveland Police Officer Michael Brelo Cleared of Voluntary Manslaughter

Background:

From Cleveland.com.

The bullet-riddled car in which Timothy Russell fled police late Thursday belonged to him, but there is disagreement on whether pursuing officers knew who was driving, or that he had a lengthy criminal record.

East Cleveland Police Sgt. Scott Gardner said that “I do not have direct information that the officers knew who was in the vehicle, but their dispatch did run the plate and provide the vehicle information to them during the pursuit.” His department is leading the investigation into the chase which ended in that city with both occupants of the car dead.

However, Jeffery Follmer, president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association, said at a news conference Saturday that pursuing officers did not know who was in the car at the time.

Russell and Malissa Williams died in a torrent of gunfire as 13 police officers fired 137 rounds following a chase through Cleveland, Bratenahl and East Cleveland.

Russell, who would have turned 44 next Sunday, had a history of theft offenses, violent crime and, on two previous occasions, fleeing police – all since 1997.

He was found guilty of domestic violence in Summit County, had three convictions for receiving stolen property, one in Summit County and two in Cuyahoga. Russell also had four robbery convictions: Ohio law recognizes robbery as any theft offense involving force or threat of force.

One of the stolen-property offenses also carried a felony failure-to-comply charge, in Cuyahoga County in 2008. He also was found guilty of misdemeanor failure to comply in Mentor Municipal Court earlier this year.

Failure to comply is often used when a motorist is fleeing from police. The Mentor case is also noteworthy because his license was suspended, a penalty that would have been lifted only today – two days after dying while fleeing police in a car.

Hs former wife sought and received the dissolution of their marriage in Summit County in 2000, while he was in prison.

Malissa Williams, the other occupant of the car, had five drug-related convictions in Cuyahoga county between 2004 and 2008. During that time she was also charged with rape and attempted abduction. The rape charge was dropped when she pleaded guilty to the lesser attempted abduction count. The on-line record does not carry details of that case.

No gun was found in the car. But Gardner said the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s office will do a gunshot-residue test on the dead bodies to determine if either might have fired at police. That will not be completed until later in the week.

The chase begin at the Justice Center in downtown Cleveland Friday. Officers from Bratenahl, East Cleveland, the Ohio Highway Patrol and Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Deputies  joined in the pursuit, which ended on a dead-end access street in East Cleveland, near a middle school.

Michael Brelo was the only officer charged. They focused on him because he made his way over a patrol car onto the hood of Russell’s Malibu SS to fire off rounds through the windshield. In the midst of the hail of gunfire, Brelo is lucky he wasn’t hit.

After a 47 day trial, he was acquitted.

I watched Cuyahoga County Common Please Judge John O’Donnell’s extensive, point-by point summation during the verdict, and he was pretty thorough.

The protesters (all 100 of them) showed up to march and do their “hands up, don’t shoot” routine, in spite of the fact that the shooting in Ferguson was more than justified.  But once a meme is established, it never goes away. Never let the facts get in the way of a good mantra.

The ‘troof ta powa’ assclowns will keep pounding the racial shit when the truth of the matter is:

The high speed chase began when Russell’s car backfired as he sped past Cleveland police headquarters. Police officers and bystanders thought someone inside had fired a gun. The pursuit reached speeds in excess of 100mph that endangered the public, and by the way, during the chase, Russell tried to run over several police officers and intentionally rammed other patrol cars.

Both Russell and his sidekick Mallisa Williams were high out of their minds on alcohol and cocaine.

Both had a considerable history of violent crime and they shouldn’t have been out on the streets. There were 137 shots fired at the vehicle by 13 officers. There’s really no way to figure out which rounds were initially fired, or which were the first ones to be fatal.

In any case, two career criminal thugs have been removed from the gene pool.

And of course, what would a trumped-up race baiting trial be without Obama’s DOJ ‘reviewing’ an outcome that doesn’t fit their agenda.  This is the same Obama DOJ that collaborated with the coverup of the IRS targeting of Tea Party groups, funded and organized anti-George Zimmerman protests, ran guns to Mexico, refused to prosecute Black Panther thugs, tapped into the emails, phones, and computers of reporters in violation of the 4th Amendment, and his Deputy Assistant Attorney General implemented a policy of  ‘Never bring another lawsuit against a black or other national minority’.

Loretta Lynch is Holder redux.

Who the hell will investigate them?

Related articles:

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/29115904/background-of-two-people-shot-and-killed-after-chase-with-cleveland-police

http://www.azcentral.com/longform/news/local/cleveland/2015/05/23/michael-brelo-verdict-from-gunfire-to-not-guilty/27301359/

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 505 other followers