And yet they wore knee pads every time he had a press conference or an interview.
Beltway journalists are still reeling from President Donald Trump’s first solo press conference at the White House on Thursday. They are complaining, almost in unison, that it was “unhinged” — and, worse, that Trump’s combative style, and practice of calling on non-traditional news outlets, threatens the First Amendment.
Perhaps the mainstream media Brahmins have short memories — or selective memories. Because when Barack Obama took direct aim at the media and press freedom, few complained. And when they did, the media soon went back to giving him fawning coverage.
1. Campaign plane “hijacking” journalists. In 2008, the Obama campaign flew 25 members of the media to Chicago — without telling them then-Sen. Obama was not, in fact, on board. CNN reported: “[T]he press was essentially held hostage with no candidate and no choice but to fly to Chicago on a chartered plane.”
2. Closing White House events to all but the official photographer. Obama barred the media from events — including, ironically, an award ceremony where he was recognized for “transparency” — and often restricted photographers’ access, only releasing images taken by the official White House photographer.
3. Trying to shut out Fox News. The Obama administration targeted Fox News for isolation and marginalization, arguing that it was not a legitimate news organization but “the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party.” That served as a warning to other potentially critical outlets.
4. Stonewalling FOIA requests. The Obama administration “set a record” for failing to provide information requested by the press and the public under the Freedom of Information Act. The low point was Hillary Clinton’s email scandal, where tens of thousands of emails were hidden on a private server and deleted.
5. Prosecuting journalists and their sources. The Obama administration pursued Fox News reporter James Rosen’s private emails — then misled Congress about it. CNN’s Jake Tapper — to his credit — pointed out that Obama had used the Espionage Act against leakers more than all of his predecessors combined.
6. Wiretapping the Associated Press. After the Obama administration’s snooping on the AP was exposed in 2013, a senior NBC correspondent excused President Obama on the grounds that he would not have been nasty enough to alienate “one of the president’s most important constituencies, the press.”
7. Refusing to hold press conferences. For long stretches of his presidency, Obama refused to hold press conferences at all, going 10 months without a formal press conference in a critical stretch from 2009 to 2010. He heeled the lowest average annual number of press conferences of any president since Ronald Reagan.
8. Filibustering at press conferences. When Obama did, finally, hold press conference, he often limited the number of questions by delivering long, rambling, often condescending answers. He “wastes reporters’ time by refraining from answering questions with any candor,” Jack Shafer complained in Politico in 2016.
9. Attacking tough questions. When a Major Garrett of CBS actually asked a tough question — about why the administration seemed not to be trying hard to free Americans held by Iran, including Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian — Obama scolded him: “Major, that’s nonsense, and you should know better.”
10. Appearing on fringe outlets. While media elites gripe about conservative journalists being given a chance, Obama often restricted his appearances to fringe media: Inside Edition; Funny or Die’s Between Two Ferns (which was then nominated for an Emmy); YouTube stars; and a radio show called “Pimp with a Limp.”
11. Iran deal “echo chamber.” The Obama administration created “fake news” to support the Iran deal, setting up what it later boasted was an “echo chamber” of “experts” who would comment in the media to support the White House narrative on the negotiations. Meanwhile, key details were hidden from the public.
Sharyl Attkisson, a former reporter for CBS, was harassed by the DOJ and had her computers hacked into because she dared to ask serious questions about Fast and Furious and Benghazi. Leaked emails obtained by Judicial Watch disclosed that former United States Department of Justice (DOJ) Spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler told White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz about how “out of control” Attkisson has been in covering Fast and Furious; Schmaler intended on contacting her editor and host of CBS’s Face The Nation, Bob Schieffer.
Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder also went after Fox News’ James Rosen because he’s one of the investigative reporters who wouldn’t hold back criticism. Holder signed off on the warrant for James Rosen’s emails, then proceeded to lie about it—under oath— during his Congressional testimony. The very same month the DOJ started its probe of James Rosen, Obama’s war on Fox News began.
In 2011, Obama created his own propaganda department to counter ‘unfavorable stories’. He also created a ridiculous “Attack Watch” website, designed to arm his sycophants with ‘facts’ to share with friends and family and a White House snitch line to report any dissent against the ObamaCare disaster.
The liberal mainstream media didn’t mind whenever Obama stepped all over their feelings and 1st Amendment rights. Trump calls out their hypocrisy and bias, and the media has grand mal seizures.
Finally, after eight years of Barky’s despicable treatment of Israel, we have a President that recognizes the importance of maintaining relations with America’s only democratic ally in the Middle East.
Trump met with Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House on Wednesday, and reaffirmed America’s alliance.
President Donald Trump hailed the United States’ “unbreakable” bond with Israel on Wednesday and promised Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that Iran would never be permitted to build a nuclear weapon.
Trump’s vow was designed to address Israeli concerns over the nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers, which Netanyahu has warned expires too soon to permanently remove the threat.
“With this visit the United States, again, reaffirms our unbreakable bond with our cherished ally, Israel,” Trump said.
From One America News
In the first face-to-face meeting between the two leaders since Trump’s victory in the 2016 election, the Republican president backed away from a U.S. embrace of the eventual creation of a Palestinian state, upending a position taken by successive administrations and the international community.
“I’m looking at two states and one state, and I like the one both parties like,” Trump told a joint news conference with Netanyahu. “I can live with either one.”
Trump should also ensure that terrorist groups like the PLO stops getting any funding from the United States.
Notice the warm welcome given by Trump as opposed to Obama:
Hat Tip to PJ Media
A female Russian agent got “close enough” to a sitting U.S. cabinet member that the FBI felt they had to swoop in and arrest the lot — but it wasn’t the famous femme fatale Anna Chapman, federal officials said Tuesday.
Chapman, the seductive 20-something SoHo spy, was named by a British newspaper Monday as the reason the FBI decided to finally round up the Russian ring, which had long been under surveillance, in 2010. The paper cited an interview conducted by the BBC with the FBI’s counter-intelligence head Frank Figliuzzi.
“We were becoming very concerned they were getting close enough to a sitting U.S. cabinet member that we thought we could no longer allow this to continue,” Figliuzzi said.
But Figliuzzi never named the Russian agent in question. And although the BBC ran images of Chapman — as well as shots of a look-a-like — during the interview, now the FBI says he wasn’t talking about her at all. Instead, officials at the Department of Justice told ABC News Figliuzzi was referring to another of the arrested spies, Cynthia Murphy.
According to court documents relating to the spies’ arrest, Murphy had been in contact with a fundraiser and “personal friend” of Hillary Clinton, who took the office of Secretary of State in January 2009. The fundraiser, Alan Patricof, said in a 2010 statement that he had retained Murphy’s financial services firm more than two years before, had met with her a few times and spoke with her on the phone frequently. Patricof said they “never” spoke about politics, the government or world affairs.
More from WaPo:
Cynthia Murphy, the woman from Montclair, N.J., who worked for a Manhattan tax-advice firm, Morea Financial Services. One of the firm’s clients was New York financier Alan Patricof, a major supporter of former president Bill Clinton and a friend of Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
In a Feb. 3, 2009, electronic message to Moscow Center, Murphy reported that she had “several work-related meetings” with a New York financier who was an active political fundraiser and “a personal friend of [current Cabinet member whose name was omitted],” according to the original indictment. In return, Moscow Center tasked Murphy before “Obama’s trip to Moscow” to find information on the U.S. strategic arms treaty, Afghanistan and Iran’s nuclear program.
Remember all that the next time the Left throws accusations of Trump’s “Russia ties”.
Obama Toadies Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn, Who Was About to Publicize Lurid Details About Iran Nuke Deal
From The Free Beacon
The abrupt resignation Monday evening of White House national security adviser Michael Flynn is the culmination of a secret, months-long campaign by former Obama administration confidantes to handicap President Donald Trump’s national security apparatus and preserve the nuclear deal with Iran, according to multiple sources in and out of the White House who described to the Washington Free Beacon a behind-the-scenes effort by these officials to plant a series of damaging stories about Flynn in the national media.
The effort, said to include former Obama administration adviser Ben Rhodes—the architect of a separate White House effort to create what he described as a pro-Iran echo chamber—included a small task force of Obama loyalists who deluged media outlets with stories aimed at eroding Flynn’s credibility, multiple sources revealed.
Rhodes is a former Obama spin doctor who bragged about creating a media echo chamber to sell Obama’s dicked-up foreign policy, and he also had a hand in the infamous Benghazi “talking points”.
The operation primarily focused on discrediting Flynn, an opponent of the Iran nuclear deal, in order to handicap the Trump administration’s efforts to disclose secret details of the nuclear deal with Iran that had been long hidden by the Obama administration.
Insiders familiar with the anti-Flynn campaign told the Free Beacon that these Obama loyalists plotted in the months before Trump’s inauguration to establish a set of roadblocks before Trump’s national security team, which includes several prominent opponents of diplomacy with Iran. The Free Beacon first reported on this effort in January.
……multiple sources closely involved in the situation pointed to a larger, more secretive campaign aimed at discrediting Flynn and undermining the Trump White House.
“It’s undeniable that the campaign to discredit Flynn was well underway before Inauguration Day, with a very troublesome and politicized series of leaks designed to undermine him,” said one veteran national security adviser with close ties to the White House team. “This pattern reminds me of the lead up to the Iran deal, and probably features the same cast of characters.”
The Free Beacon first reported in January that, until its final days in office, the Obama administration hosted several pro-Iran voices who were critical in helping to mislead the American public about the terms of the nuclear agreement. This included a former Iranian government official and the head of the National Iranian American Council, or NIAC, which has been accused of serving as Iran’s mouthpiece in Washington, D.C.
Since then, top members of the Obama administration’s national security team have launched a communications infrastructure after they left the White House, and have told reporters they are using that infrastructure to undermine Trump’s foreign policy.
The obvious criminality of the Iran nuke deal involves Obama giving payoffs to Iranian banks, paying $400 million in ransom to the Iranian thugs for hostages, and essentially giving them the green light to make bombs.
I can only imagine all of the shit that Obama hid from the American public.
Iran is in a state of panic and they’re issuing threats.
They don’t want the details of the side deals to be divulged, because what we don’t know is likely to be far worse than we thought. Full disclosure of the damage Obama did and the treason he committed would be explosive, to say the least.
No wonder the Obama lackeys are busy with political assassination.
It was a hit job by at insiders at the CIA, NSA and National Security Council using a sophisticated “disinformation campaign” to create a crisis atmosphere.